Are you a computer compulsive?
That's defined as a pattern of excessive computer use that interferes with your social life and job, and causes emotional distress.
Before you say no, read these facts from the department of psychiatry at the University of Iowa College of Medicine, which put together a profile of the typical computer compulsive.
. As reported in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry:
- The typical computer compulsive is a 32-year-old single white male.
- He has an income of $27,000.
- Computer compulsion typically starts at age 29 and takes up 27 hours per week.
- Most computer compulsives have tried to cut back on computer use, but can't.
- Almost half of computer compulsives have missed school or work in order to stay at their computers.